System Administrator Team Lead
Location: Cracow or Vilnius
Infare, an airfare intelligence provider with more than 130 employees on board, offers a career and a professional development opportunity for a motivated System Administrator Team Lead. We expect up to a year of experience in managing people and very strong technical background in system administration. In return, we will provide you with opportunity to have a direct impact on building new components and improving our infrastructure.
Areas of responsibility:
- Work on developing hardware and network infrastructure plan.
- Provide Management with a budget plan and follow it later.
- Lead the team of 4 people.
You will be also responsible for the operation, setup and expansion of our services and servers including:
- Cooperate with DevOps team to develop templates for orchestration for our systems.
- Troubleshoot OS and services issues.
- Managing and configuring the hardware, operating systems and deployed services.
- Managing and maintaining network stack configuration.
- Being available for on-call to ensure availability of our services.
Skills and Requirements
- 4+ years of commercial experience as a System Administrator.
- Strong understanding of Linux and Windows operating system (configuration, tuning, troubleshooting).
- Experience with ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Experience in writing Shell, PowerShell, Python, Perl or other languages.
- 1+ years of experience in managing/mentoring people and ability to make decision independently.
- Ability to Explain complex technical concepts in pictures and words that are understandable to a broad audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
IT would be a plus if you have:
- Experience with Public Clouds (like AWS, Azure, GC etc.) or Private Clouds (OpenStack etc.).
- Exposure to virtualization solutions like: KVM, VMware, Hyper-V etc.
- Understanding of OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking, routing and switching protocols, LAN and WAN topology.
- Certificate such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent.
- Microsoft Active Directory management.
- Understanding of the basics about Big Data and big data Technologies (Hadoop/Spark/Kafka).
- Exposure to HA clusters like Pacemaker, Microsoft Server Cluster, PowerHA etc.
- Some experience with JVM (Java or Scala).
Does it sound interesting?
Send your CV to email@example.com indicating what position you are applying for.
Why this role?
t Infare, we build products that open doors to right decisions by the air travel industry. Since 2000, we have gathered and we keep collecting a massive amount of data and insights that allow airlines to understand and to react to competitor behavior.
As air travel is becoming an increasingly large and competitive industry, fare intelligence is of vital importance. For this reason, our tools and products have become of major interest to airlines and airports in the past years: in fact, we have 19 of 20 world’s largest airlines as our customers on top of 200+ other carriers, and our business has been growing by 30-50% in recent years.
Data is at the core of our business, as we use it for our final products such as Pharos, Altus and others. However, we need to gather the data from APIs and/or extract it from airline websites, meta search and online travel agent sites. This is where our 30+ data collection team is crucial. Its members write, optimize, maintain and improve 1000+ of our robots/crawlers, and overcome challenges such as volume, quality, dynamism and even blocking on the daily basis. While we seek quality, integrity and consistency in the data we deliver to our customers, the funniest part about data extraction is that there’s no single rule or method to collect it: the solution is custom every time and it’s our engineers who have total liberty to come up with it!
As our company is going through an exponential growth, we decided to transform our backend to use all the newest and coolest technologies that are out there. You will use infrastructure as a code and work closely with development teams to automate deployment. Your team will ensure running of physical Data Centers and Public Cloud.