Senior Data Platform Engineer – Java/Scala/Others
Location: Vilnius, Copenhagen or Krakow
At INFARE, we are not happy if we simply achieve our goals, we want to blow them out of the water!
We want to get ahead of the scaling curve, so we can deliver even better solutions, with minimal technical debt and continue to be the leading competitive airfare intelligence provider.
To achieve these goals we will be hiring a number of experienced Data Platform Engineers.
As our company is going through an exponential growth, we decided to transform our backend to use all the newest and coolest technologies that are out there. You will be working on scalable applications in BigData (Hadoop/Spark/NoSql/Sql) as well as Java/Scala services and sometimes with Python or C#.Net/SqlServer applications.
Skills and Requirements
- Strong experience with JVM Languages (Java or Scala)
- Some experience in Python/Bash and C#.Net
- // if ((you.Java >= veryGood || you.Scala >= veryGood) && you.Python >= notAfraidToLearnIfNeeded && you.C#Net >= notAfraidToLearnIfNeeded) you.skills = “Amazing!”
- Experience working with multithreaded applications
- Understanding of the basics about Big Data and big data Technologies (Hadoop/Spark/Kafka)
- Understand the concepts of Data Streaming, Data Pipelines and ETL’s
- Experience in writing SQL
- Understanding of the workings of NoSql databases
- Understanding of the microservice architecture of the systems
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
It will be considered a Plus
- Knowledge of Python/Bash/PowerShell
- Previous experiences with Docker
- Previous experience with Amazon AWS
Personality & Attitude
- Be a team player, as it is Always about the team
- Curious and self-motivated
- Actively look for new improvements, as the best solution comes from within
- Always eager to learn new technologies, as all technologies are welcome as long as they improve our systems
You should also be pro-active and self-motivated with excellent time management skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
How to apply
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating what position you are applying for in the Object of the email.
We will be reviewing applications continuously.