Data Platform Engineer
Location: Cracow (Poland)
As air travel is becoming an increasingly large and competitive industry, fare intelligence is of vital importance.
At Infare, we build products that open doors to make the right decisions for the air travel industry. Since 2000, we have gathered and we kept collecting a massive amount of data and insights that allow airlines to understand and to react to competitor behavior.
And as our company is growing we are looking for a motivated Data Platform Engineer. You will be working on scalable applications in Big Data (Hadoop/Spark/NoSql/Sql) as well as Java/Scala services and sometimes with Python or C#.Net/SqlServer applications.
Areas of responsibility:
- Improve and maintain a high throughput data pipeline that is used to store and analyze massive amounts of data.
- Engineer and maintain ETL processes.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of the data mapped from staging environments to the target reporting environments.
- Help other teams to adopt microservice architecture to their projects and ensure all components work properly.
- Drive innovation by recommending and driving adoption of new technologies that provide competitive data advantages for enterprise.
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in Scala or Java.
- 2+ years of experience in modern frameworks like Spring Boot, Akka, Lagom or similar.
- Understanding of BigData basics and big data technologies (Hadoop/Spark/Kafka/Kinesis).
- Understanding of data streaming, data pipelines and ETL’s concepts.
- Strong experience in writing SQL.
- Understanding of NoSql databases work.
IT would be a plus if you have:
- experience/understanding of microservice architecture.
- some experience in Python/Bash and C#.Net.
- some familiarity of devops practices (ansible, CI/CD).
- experience with Amazon AWS.
You are our guy, if you are:
- a team player, as it is always about the team.
- curious and self-motivated.
- actively looking for new improvements, as the best solutions come from within.
- always open for new technologies, as all technologies are welcome if they improve our systems.
Does it sound interesting?
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating what position you are applying for.
Why this role?
ur tools and products have become of major interest to airlines and airports in the past years: in fact, we have 19 of 20 world’s largest airlines as our customers on top of 200+ other carriers, and our business has been growing by 30-50% in recent years.
Data is at the core of our business, as we use it for our final products such as Pharos, Altus and others. However, we need to gather the data from APIs and/or extract it from airline websites, meta search and online travel agent sites. This is where our 30+ data collection team is crucial. Its members write, optimize, maintain and improve 1000+ of our robots/crawlers, and overcome challenges such as volume, quality, dynamism and even blocking on the daily basis. While we seek quality, integrity and consistency in the data we deliver to our customers, the funniest part about data extraction is that there’s no single rule or method to collect it: the solution is custom every time and it’s our engineers who have total liberty to come up with it!