Data Extraction Specialist
Location: Vilnius (Lithuania)
Infare, an airfare intelligence provider with more than 130 employees on board, offers a career and a professional development opportunity for a motivated Data Extraction Specialist. We expect up to a year of experience in commercial software development, yet your passion and true curiosity in this field should be enough. In return, we will provide you with broad and fast learning opportunities whilst building and improving our advanced tools that collect and analyze billions of rows of data (2+ billion every day, to be precise) and are used by 240+ airlines, airports and travel agencies.
Areas of responsibility:
- Maintaining and optimizing existing internet crawlers/robots.
- Building new internet crawlers/robots (C#).
- Quality Assurance on collected data.
- Building various reporting tools, SQL queries, tools for improving our daily lives and many more different challenges!
Skills and Requirements
- Fundamentals and basic skills in any object-oriented programming language.
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL.
- A very structured and analytic way of working.
- Logical thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
What would be considered as a plus
- Experience working with Regular Expressions and XML.
- Server/Client relations, Cookies, Sessions.
- HTTP communication, Response/Request and so on.
- HTML, URL/URI, Links, Forms.
But really, your attitude is your most important asset!
You assume responsibilities that go beyond normal expectations and you will put in extra effort to make the whole team thrive! At INFARE it is never just about the individual, as we work (and rock!) as a team!
What we offer
- Vast opportunities and our proactive input allowing you to grow as a technology professional.
- A truly international and deeply caring environment.
- Full catering.
- Health insurance.
- A parking space at the office (if applicable).
- A gaming zone with a console, VR, table tennis, foosball and all that jazz.
- Solid pay.
Does it sound interesting?
Then what are you waiting for? Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating what position you are applying for.
Why this role?
t Infare, we build products that open doors to right decisions by the air travel industry. Since 2000, we have gathered and we keep collecting a massive amount of data and insights that allow airlines to understand and to react to competitor behavior.
As air travel is becoming an increasingly large and competitive industry, fare intelligence is of vital importance. For this reason, our tools and products have become of major interest to airlines and airports in the past years: in fact, we have 19 of 20 world’s largest airlines as our customers on top of 200+ other carriers, and our business has been growing by 30-50% in recent years.
Data is at the core of our business, as we use it for our final products such as Pharos, Altus and others. However, we need to gather the data from APIs and/or extract it from airline websites, meta search and online travel agent sites. This is where our 30+ data collection team is crucial. Its members write, optimize, maintain and improve 1000+ of our robots/crawlers, and overcome challenges such as volume, quality, dynamism and even blocking on the daily basis. While we seek quality, integrity and consistency in the data we deliver to our customers, the funniest part about data extraction is that there’s no single rule or method to collect it: the solution is custom every time and it’s our engineers who have total liberty to come up with it!
This is a junior position: we expect some software development experience, ideally 6-12 months in a commercial environment, yet you will receive lots of hands-on training. At the same time, the skills you will acquire as a data extraction specialist will be of tremendous value in your career path as a software developer or a team lead.